Wednesday, April 20, 2016

{ some recent work }

Detail of ‘Deep Garden’ 


Detail of ‘Moreton Bay Fig' 

 ‘Deep Garden’ in progress... many veins in those frangipani leaves!


‘Deep Garden’ - 90cm x 120cm (framed)

Work-in-progress shot - these leaves took many, many layers from deep purples and browns through to fresh greens

 
The final piece, 'Moreton Bay Fig' - measured 104cm x 74cm (unframed)

It's been a long time between posts - but I wanted to share a couple more larger commissions I've completed over the last few months. 

I have really enjoyed working on both of these pieces. It always begins as quite a challenge to compose these larger ones as the realism of the shadows and light is important to me; however it is inevitably difficult to find my 'real' references moving and fitting in the shapes I need! But of course these are the joys of art-making and why I love getting up every day to a new and different challenge. 

I will post again soon!


Pip x

No comments: